Tuesday, July 30, 2013

It's All About Cakes


One of the things that I like to do is cooking and baking.  I love when I can figure out the recipe to dishes that I love to eat in restaurants.  I also love doing cakes for my girls’ birthdays.  I have learned, with the help of mr. google, how to make and use fondant. I personally don’t like to eat the fondant, but man does it ever look great ;)

I thought I would share with you the cakes and cupcakes I have made in the past 4 years.
 
Here's Audrey's Cakes:
 
Her Baptism Cake. This was my first ever cake covered in fondant.
 
 
For Audrey's second birthday, my brother and I decided to celebrate my nephew and Audrey at the same time. They were born only 6 days apart. I went with a bug team. :) Valérie helped me with some bugs. Can't you see which one?  She was almost 5 at the time.
 


 
 
My little pumkin LOVES  Lalaloopsy, so for her 3th birthday, it was to be assume that the cake would be just that ;)
 
 

 
 And to her demand, she wanted an Hello Kitty cake for her 4th birthday, which was last week:

Now on to Valérie's cakes:

She was so in Mickey Mouse Club House at 4yr.  Here's my version of the cake:
 
Which girls doesn't like the princesses? Valérie at 5yo.
 
Then last year, it was all about BRAVE (6yo)
 
Who knows what she will be asking me this year lol
 
Here's 2 more cakes that I did for my babysitter children this year:

 
 
And finally, but not the least, cupcakes that I did. I was very proud of how these turned out! They were a really hit.
 
These were for Valérie's teacher babyshower.  She is also one of my collegue.
 
 
And these are the one I did for Valérie's classmates at the end of the school year, this year.
 
Wow, what a long post this is lol
 
So do you make your kids birthday cakes or to you buy them?  Do you let them choose the theme that they want?
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Awesome! I do love baking too, and those cakes are just so gorgeous :)

    http://beautychaseandrandomness.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are too fabulous! My hubby bakes the most delicious cakes and cupcakes but they do NOT come out looking like yours! I love it! Post more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THESE ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!

    I'm normally dubbed in charge of birthday cakes/cupcakes (hence the fact that I have to make 50 red velvet cupcakes for my mother-in-law's 50th birthday party on Saturday) but I'm scared of fondant LOL I go for the really fluffy frosted items :)

    Kristen from The Road to Domestication
    http://www.theroadtodomestication.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my GOSH!!! Those cakes are amazing! I love the ladybugs and bees...and that castle WOW. You have quite a talent. Beautiful. :)

    ~Lorelai
    Life With Lorelai

    ReplyDelete
  5. These cakes are amazing. What talent you have! I usually buy my kids cakes because I can't bake and if I did they would look nothing like yours. I usually go with the theme they want. I wish we were close by so you could have done mine. :)

    ReplyDelete