Sunday, August 25, 2013

Chips Casserole


Yes, a chips casserole! Yes there is actually chips in it.  It may not be the healthiest meal, but I can guaranty you that you will love it!  It's always a hit when I bring it to a potluck diner. This casserole is even better the day after. 



Ingredients:
2 celery stalks, minced
 
2 hard boiled eggs (cut in pieces)

2 cup of cooked rice (I use Minute Rice-- 2 cup of water for 2 cup of rice, then use all of it)
2 cup of Mayonnaise
2 cans of cream of chicken
2 chicken breasts, cooked and diced

 
2 bags of plain chips: 1 for the mixture and one for the top (that you will crush in pieces)
1 small onion (optional)

Cook each ingredients separately.   Chop, minced and dice the ingredients. In a large bowl, mix the celery, eggs, rice, Mayonnaise, chicken, cream of chicken, onion and ONE bag of chips.   Once all the ingredients are mix well, pour it in a in a large rectangle Pyrex pan or 2 square one.  Cook at 350C for about 25-30 minutes, until it's the top of the casserole is golden. Once it's golden, pour the second bag of crush chips on the top.

For the chips on the top, I usually prefer to keep the bag by the casserole, so everyone can choose to put it on or not. Also if there is left overs, that way the chips won't get all stale. I forgot to take a picture of the final product (oups!). But here how it looks without the chips

 



Hope you will enjoy! If you try it, let me know what you think :D



 


 

 

3 comments:

  1. This sounds interesting. I have used chips as a topper for my Tuna Noodle Casserole, but have never tried them inside of one. May have to gie this a shot sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good! I'm on a diet right now, but filing this away for future use :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say that I was a bit nervous to try it, but then I saw the Miracle Whip jar! I grew up with Miracle Whip and my husband is a "real" mayo guy. I'm trying it! :)

    ReplyDelete