Friday, August 23, 2013

Funny Friday

We were at the hospital to visit my bran new niece J Ellie arrived on August 20th. She is one tiny baby at 6 pounds and 5 ounces. She measure 18 ¾ inches.  My girls went to get something to eat with my dad. When they were on their way back, Valérie had an interesting discussion with a nurse.

Nurse: “Hi, are you here to see a baby sister, brother, or a baby cousin?”
Valérie: “A little cousin. She’s a girl.  She has 2 big brothers that are almost the same age (4) but they are from 2 different moms.”
Nurse: “ How did that happen?”
Valérie: “What you don’t know the secret to how babies are made? I do.”

And Valérie left it like that and walk to the room.  My dad and the nurses were laughing.  Dad told me the discussion that went on.

Valérie look at me and said: “Yes mom, It’s true I know the secret to how babies are made”.
Me: “You do? “(I’m sure I was white lol as she never asked me any question about this subject)
Valérie: “Ben oui (well yes). My uncle loved someone so he had a son.  Then he loves matante (aunt) and that is how he got two babies with her.  When two person love each other they make babies!”

Let just say that I felt like laughing but stayed calm. Lol I was kind of relieve that she didn’t know ALL the details just yet ;)
 
 

18 comments:

  1. That is too funny. I'm sure I would have been white too if Madison had said she knew the secret as well. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dread dealing with these questions! Glad she has an kids friendly understanding of babies, I hope you get a little more time before you have to give more details! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprise she didn't ask me the question yet. She will be 7 in a week. Valerie asks question about everything! And I mean everything lol but this has not been one of them.

      Delete
  3. Awkward moment for a mom hahaha. It is a relief indeed that she doesn't know the details yet :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, but I know it's coming soon. There's a lot of people pregnant around us.

      Delete
  4. That is awesome. I am not looking forward to that discussion with my kids!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found that those discussions are always easier with other kids then mine lol

      Delete
  5. Oh my gosh. The funny things kids say. I love that she just said that to the nurse and walked away. Uh, duh, you don't know? So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT was. Let just say that pepere (my dad) was really proud to tell the tale ;)

      Delete
  6. LOL Big "whew" on that one! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, especially when you are on the spot in from a others lol

      Delete
  7. Too, too funny! I shared something similar in one of my blog posts that you might find interesting and hilarious... Embarrassing Moments of a Naïve Child Grown…

    Congrats on your new niece! :)

    ~Lorelai
    Life With Lorelai

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's so exciting to have a new niece :D

      I'm sorry, but your link doesn't work. I would have love to read it :)

      Delete
  8. That was close! LOL Congratulations on the new addition to the family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Tamara :) Yes it was close lol

    ReplyDelete